Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding page numbers and a page with text at the end

maygross
8 - Asteroid

I have a big workflow that creates a pdf report. Each page on the report has a different table/header. I would like to add page numbers to each page as well as adding a final page that has text on it. I tried to add a text tool to include page numbers but it didnt work for some reason. And I also have no idea how to add another page at the end of the report/ where to place it in my flow. See attached my workflow and render specifications. I have like ten different tables connected to that final union tool, which was originally connected to the render at the end, but I just attempted (and failed) to include page numbers through the text tool. 

maygross_0-1684439128560.png

maygross_1-1684439214429.png

maygross_2-1684439232639.png

3 REPLIES 3
Alayna
8 - Asteroid

You could add a Report Footer before your render to include page numbers, check the box for page numbers and leave the actual footer as blank. For the final page, maybe join another report Text with your other data and configure it to be the last join

Alayna_0-1684439443297.png

maygross
8 - Asteroid

Ohhh okay the report footer is a great idea. And for the text, where exactly would i join it? Would i need to include it before the union? Like this?

maygross_0-1684440574275.png

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Yes I'd try before the union. But depending on how you want it formatted, you may have to play around with the layout reporting tool. For example, using the Vertical with Section Breaks option with the layout mode being Each Individual Record, it would put each output of your tools on a separate page. So like below, the table would be on one page and the text (your last page) would be on the next.

Alayna_0-1684441377292.png

Labels