Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding new (formatted) sheets to existing rendered output?

CTalteryx
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I have produced an output with specific formatting across 6 tabs using the render tool (let's call it file A) - it is working well. However, I now have the requirement to add in a few extra sheets which are preformatted (file B), just as they are in to my render output. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I'm currently trying to use a control container so file A writes, then use file A as the input for file B in another container and add sheets using layout tools, unions and another render tool. Output file keeps corrupting and can't figure it out. Any ideas please?

I've attached some sample files to somewhat replicate my data. The 3 tabs (A, B and C) from sample file B need to be added to sample file A (which has been produced with the render tool), preserving all their formatting.

Please also see expected output attached.

Thanks in advance for any help!

11 REPLIES 11
CTalteryx
7 - Meteor

@apathetichell ok i see, thanks for clearing up. The issue is with a template, my data is quite dynamic in size - it tends to start in different places week to week, otherwise i probably would've gone down this route earlier. i just need to cut 3 sheets from one file and stick them on another, is that something the blob tool can help with? I've not used it before

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Blob tool will make a copy of a specific file - it has a set number of sheets - and set formatting - you then overwrite those sheets.

Labels