Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding macros is creating additional tabs in the tool pallet

rkakde
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all,

I was wondering if we can customize the tabs in the tool pallet to make all the macros appear in the same tab. Recently the macros I have been using are all imported in their own separate tabs. I would like to group them all under the same heading 'Macros' instead of having a separate tab in the tool pallet for each.

Please let me know if tool pallet customization is possible or if there's a way to specify which tab the macro should go in while importing one.

Thanks!

Rishi

RIshi
4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You'll have to just save them all in the one Macro folder you want to keep 😊

rkakde
6 - Meteoroid

I did put the last one in the same folder before inserting it in the workflow (Right-Click Menu -> Insert -> Macro -> Browse and select -> 'Ok'). But doing so made another tab in the tool pallet for just that one tool.

RIshi
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

You should be able to specify which folder a macro appears in by setting its tool pallet category name in its Meta info.

Also, make sure that the main folder you are keeping your macros in is set as the default location for macros in your user settings.

Macros.PNG

rkakde
6 - Meteoroid

Updating the tool pallet information did the trick! Thanks for sharing

RIshi
Labels