Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding date to output file name

Nikhil86
7 - Meteor

Hi There, 

I am a beginner to Alteryx, I have a work-flow which is producing 4 different outputs, all in .xlsx format. 

I am trying to add a date to my outfile : 

For instance: My current outfile is abc.xlsx how can I produce abc 02112020.xlsx ? An output file should include today's date each time work-flow is run. 

Any advise or help is much appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11
jmo95
5 - Atom

Hi, is there a way to exclude the added column for date from the output? 

I have successfully added date and time stamp to workflow outputs but its also adding an additional column containing the data to my output that i dont want. if i remove it via selector prior to the output then its not present for the output to pick up and name my file.

thanks.

CarterJ
5 - Atom

in your output to excel configuration window uncheck the "keep field in output" box... this will remove the field that contains the file path with date field from your output

211aeb0b-80c8-493a-83b3-572ebcf4afbc.jpg

Labels