Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding column & name to existing file

tiverson
Asteroide

I have a formatted file that I want to add a column and a description from another file, however the column descriptions are not located on the first row of the formatted file..

What is the most efficient and dynamic way to combine the two?  I was considering separating the non-data rows and then joining the 2 files, but was afraid I would make the workflow too static and not consider any changes to the formatted file in the future.

Thanks!

Formatted file:

tiverson_0-1645401708682.png

File 2

tiverson_1-1645401733956.png

Desired Output

tiverson_2-1645401756177.png

3 RESPOSTAS 3
gabrielvilella
Magnetar

Hi @tiverson, here is one way of doing this.

gabrielvilella_0-1645421069571.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @tiverson 

If you are ok with adding GL Balance at the end then here is how you can do it. The idea it to overwrite the column range in the existing excel itself.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1645427070510.png

Output:

atcodedog05_1-1645427086459.png

Hope this helps : )

tiverson
Asteroide

What would be the best way to add the header and formatting to the output file ( similar to the original file) without overwriting the original file and creating a new file? 

Enquetes
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Rótulos