Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a Shared Drive Link

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi guys,

I would like to ask for your assistance how I can add a shared drive link that when I click it, the shared drive will pop up. I use the report text tool however it is not working.

I have this kind of error when I clicked it.

Index.PNG

Or is there any tool I can use where a shared drive will pop up?

Hoping for your ideas and assistance.

Kamen

10 REPLIES 10
dwstada
11 - Bolide

I am not sure if you can do that when clicking on the link in Alteryx, if you send the text via Email tool it should work tho.

The link for a shared drive would be something like this:

<Link textforthelink|file:\\shareddrive\shareddrive\folder\folder\folder>

The link has to be in UNC syntax (e.g. \\shareddrive\shareddrive instead of something like H:)

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @dwstada 

When you send it through email, yes the link is working however, i don't want it via email since I need to snippets the shared drive and attached it to the email. That is why I would like to use other tool to have it pop up. I used the browser however when I clicked it, unsuccessful. Result is below.

Index.PNG

Please advise if there is any other way. You may attached a workflow so that it would be easy for me to understand.

Thanks,

Kamen 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

HI guys,

anyone would like to help me on this?

Appreciate your response so much.

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0

Can you help me on this?

Thanks,

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @KamenRider 

1-Will the workflow be run from the Alteryx Desktop application or from Alteryx Gallery? 

2-If for your use case it is not a problem to open the folder automatically after the workflow execution, you can run a cmd command to do it: Solved: Opening a folder after workflow run? - Alteryx Community

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

I am using a workflow from Alteryx Designer. I have not tried the cmd, but will it work?

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@KamenRider 

Yes, i tried here and it is working fine with network directories. Just change this formula to consider your network folder:

Untitled.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Nice, it works! Thanks @Felipe_Ribeir0 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Sorry for this question but I have encountered an error. The network folder is good as given in the formula tool. Would you know how to fix this?

Error.PNG

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kamen

Labels