Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a Shared Drive Link

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi guys,

I would like to ask for your assistance how I can add a shared drive link that when I click it, the shared drive will pop up. I use the report text tool however it is not working.

I have this kind of error when I clicked it.

Index.PNG

Or is there any tool I can use where a shared drive will pop up?

Hoping for your ideas and assistance.

Kamen

10 REPLIES 10
dwstada
11 - Bolide

I am not sure if you can do that when clicking on the link in Alteryx, if you send the text via Email tool it should work tho.

The link for a shared drive would be something like this:

<Link textforthelink|file:\\shareddrive\shareddrive\folder\folder\folder>

The link has to be in UNC syntax (e.g. \\shareddrive\shareddrive instead of something like H:)

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @dwstada 

When you send it through email, yes the link is working however, i don't want it via email since I need to snippets the shared drive and attached it to the email. That is why I would like to use other tool to have it pop up. I used the browser however when I clicked it, unsuccessful. Result is below.

Index.PNG

Please advise if there is any other way. You may attached a workflow so that it would be easy for me to understand.

Thanks,

Kamen 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

HI guys,

anyone would like to help me on this?

Appreciate your response so much.

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0

Can you help me on this?

Thanks,

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @KamenRider 

1-Will the workflow be run from the Alteryx Desktop application or from Alteryx Gallery? 

2-If for your use case it is not a problem to open the folder automatically after the workflow execution, you can run a cmd command to do it: Solved: Opening a folder after workflow run? - Alteryx Community

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

I am using a workflow from Alteryx Designer. I have not tried the cmd, but will it work?

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@KamenRider 

Yes, i tried here and it is working fine with network directories. Just change this formula to consider your network folder:

Untitled.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Nice, it works! Thanks @Felipe_Ribeir0 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Sorry for this question but I have encountered an error. The network folder is good as given in the formula tool. Would you know how to fix this?

Error.PNG

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kamen

Labels