Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Action tool ignored in CREW Runner

HatemL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm using CREW Runner to launch a macro (also tested with an app) that contains an action tool to update a value with a registry key read function but it's not working.

When I run the macro via another workflow everything works fine but when I run the macro using CREW Runner the action tool is ignored and nothing gets updated.

Is there a way to make this work?

Regards,

HL

5 REPLIES 5
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@HatemL 

Would you please share what version you are experiencing this on?

Tonya Smith
Sr. Product Manager, cloud App Builder
HatemL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Tonya,

We are using Alteryx Designer : 2019.4.8.22007

Thank you.

Regards,

HL

HatemL
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Tonya!

Any guess?

Regards,

HL

AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @HatemL 

The runner macros are equivalent to opening a workflow in designer and pressing the run button. In this case for a macro the actions are not run. The actions only get run when the macro is embedded in a workflow. Does that match the problem you are seeing?

What is your actual use case here? Wondering if you could solve it without a macro or the runner macros in a simpler way.

Thanks

Adam

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
HatemL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply.

Reading your text about how the Runner works made me check how I had configured the Runner and I found out that I was running the macro and not the workflow where I've embedded the macro.

Changing that made the runner work just fine.

Thanks again!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels