Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Action Tool Not Updating Render Tool Location

abhishekbajpai
Meteoroide

Hi Team,

I have created one workflow. In this workflow output file is created using Render tool. I need to make output location dynamic. Action tool is attached to render, but it is not updating file location. I am getting output at specified location of render tool configuration. I am not sure what wrong I am doing. Could any one please help me. I have wasted my whole day in trying to debugging it. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Abhishek

5 RESPUESTAS 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I debugged your app and it worked as expected for me, updating the path of your render tool. Are you opening the app in Debug mode (Interface Designer --> Test View --> insert file values --> Open Debug)? Just hitting the run button will not reflect interface values being inserted since there's no opportunity to select the values you want.

apathetichell
Pólux

run apps with the wand - not the run button.

abhishekbajpai
Meteoroide

Thank you for your input. I am wondering how it is working in your system and not in mine. Secondly when I am creating a new workflow exactly similar, this is working. Wanted to let you know I am updating workflow created by someone else.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Make sure you are running it as an app with the wand, not a workflow with the Run button. You can see the inserting behavior also by using the debug feature mentioned above. 

abhishekbajpai
Meteoroide

Hi,

Thank you so much for your Input. I was able to figure out. I just removed use AMP engine checkbox in workflow and I started working fine as expected. I am not sure how does it matter. As i have a solution now, so I am good. But if by any chance you have any idea how it started working by removing that checkbox, please explain me, it will be of great help. It would be a new learning for me.

Etiquetas