Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AWS S3 Error with Download tool

alexjSW
5 - Atom

Hello all, 

I am attempting to connect Alteryx to an S3 Bucket and am getting the following error:

Error from AWS: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method. 

I know that the key and secret key I am providing are valid because I have tested them with other 3rd party programs without issue. This means that there is an issue with the signing method. I am not sure what that means exactly but I suspect there is some sort of hidden configuration setting that I will need to tweak in order to get this to work. 

If anybody knows how to resolve this issue, I would be very grateful for your help. 

Thank you

-Alex

5 REPLIES 5
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @alexjSW - I haven't connected to S3 using the Download tool personally, but I'll test it out and see what I find. Have you tried using the Amazon S3 connectors to pull down your data?

Amazon S3 Connector Help

AmazonS3Download_71x71

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
alexjSW
5 - Atom

@SofiaF,

I was on the phone with a technical representative from Alteryx who is currently investigating our situation. From our initial conversation she stated that it may have to do with certification settings from our AWS instance that are currently not supported in the version of Alteryx I am using.

-Alex

chrisoleson
5 - Atom

It's interesting... I have a simple workflow that reads in a CSV from S3.  It's running on a VM and from within Designer it works fine.  However when I go to publish to Alteryx Server on the same VM I get the error above.  I haven't figured it out yet.  Help would be awesome.

Tori_Collie
5 - Atom

Was a solution ever found for this? I am able to run successfully locally but not within the gallery. Would appreciate any help or solutions available! 

jayhaugen
5 - Atom

I am seeing the same behavior.  Works in Designer, but get the error message on the Server.

Labels