Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

API for BLS Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

RUSA
7 - Meteor

I have been looking at the BLS series IDs for Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates, and while I can identify the series iDs I want I cannot figure out how to pull them with Alteryx. My guess is that I need a URL?

Has anyone successfully pulled this data?

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RUSA 

An API isn't necessary since the Alteryx Download tool can download the text from these BLS publications::

https://download.bls.gov/pub/time.series/ce/ 

Using these URLs, you can use the Download tool to grab the text and parse the data as necessary. Check out the attached example where I download and parse the series lookup table. 

RUSA
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Charlie. That is very helpful!

Regressionman
5 - Atom

Hi Charlie,

I'm new to Alteryx and am looking to download a specific series from BLS (LNS14000000).  I ran your sample workflow and saved the output to a db table.  Works great!  However, I'm not understanding how to use Alteryx to download a series (versus a series listing).

What am I not understanding?

Thanks,

Gary

severhart
8 - Asteroid

Just me jumping in over 2 years later to say THANK YOU Charlie - this has helped enable me to download the data from JOLTS for BLS data reporting. So thankful!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels