Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AMP Engine Error

jvigneault
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow (screenshot attached), whereby I'm getting an error on processing when run with AMP on, but no error when AMP is off. The error is Dynamic Input (29) Internal Error in RecordReader::ReadFields: Too many fields in the Dynamic Input tool. I'm feeding in a list of excel files/tabs/arrays to read in (attached screenshot). I read the data out for both instances, seeing that one row of data was dropped from two of the tabs of data when I see the AMP error (ends up being two rows each, since the last actual row is blanks across). These are not the tabs with the most data, so not sure why these are dropping and others aren't. The data on all of the tabs is consistent (e.g. same number of columns, same format --- all dates and numbers), so it's unclear to me why two tabs are dropping and others are not. Also, these are not the tabs with the most data/rows.

My current resolution seems to be turn off AMP, though requires every member of my team to do this, in which case I may ask everyone to always turn it off. Is there any other solution? Is there an explanation for this error occurring?

16 REPLIES 16
nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

What version of Alteryx Designer are you using?

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@jvigneault is it inconvenient to build the process without the Dynamic Input? I always find it troublesome.

All the best,

BS

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

For further investigation, it would be very helpful for us if you could share the workflow and examples of input data.

jvigneault
6 - Meteoroid

It's possible I'm just not familiar with alternative solutions that are available. Do you know similar workflows that are able to accomplish what I'm after?

I saw a request below asking for the workflow, so spent a few setting up an example, attached below. It seems if I delete all of the columns to the right of the columns I'm pulling through the tool, it fixes the issue, but I have data in those columns so can't actually just delete it from my file.

Thanks!

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for reporting an issue. We appreciate your feedback. We will fix it and get back to you.

smaruda
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can use this simple batch macro to achieve what you need.

Even on E1 Dynamic Input does not give proper result - it outputs 2 extra records with Field Names of each file.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 145941.png

smaruda
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sorry, E1 produce proper results. You have to deselect "First Raw Contains Data" in Dynamic Input config to remove fields names in output records.

Suskil
Alteryx
Alteryx

This issue has been identified as Defect GENG-3313 and has since been resolved in the following versions:

• 2021.4.2.47895 (Patch 12)
  • 2022.1.1.10.42707 (Patch 10)
  • 2023.1.1.336 (Patch 5)
  • 2023.2.1.51 (Patch 1)
changwen
5 - Atom

hello, the workflow was forced to stop when running the designer on my desktop even though the amp engine is selected on the "runtime". same for version 2021.4 and 2022.1. please advise. 

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Labels