Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ALTERYX APPS USING LIST BOX

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Afternoon,

Hoping to gain some insight here. I am trying to create an app that will allow the end user to to select the fields they want to see and then subsequently choose how they want these fields grouped within a table. I am currently using a list box to allow the user(me, currently) to choose the desired fields and then a second list box to allow for grouping based on field. I'd like to have these groups broken out into separate tabs as well; however, I am running into trouble and can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Roy

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @roystanding ,

In your second list box, if the user select 2 columns, A and B for example, Alteryx would group and summarize the data based on A and create a excel tab and group by B and create another excel tab, is that it?

Best,

FErnando V.

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Hey Fernando,

Unfortunately not. The initial list box allows the user to choose the fields(columns) they desire to see. So for instance, a user would chose to see fields(columns) A,B C. From there, I'd then like to provide them the option to group the data into tabs based on the data being passed through. For instance, lets say column, A = names, column B = Birth dates, and Column C = hometown. Once they utilize the first list box to choose the three fields, the second list box, in theory, would allow them to group on column c and the tabs would be broken out from this grouping so that in the hypothetical case above, everyone sharing the same hometown in column C would be in one tab, and so on.

Thank you,

Roy

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ok, I think I've understood it.

What happen if the user select more than 1 field in the second listbox? Is the user allowed to select more than one?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Fernando,

I had wanted to limit the grouping to no more than two fields; however, I do not see there being any reason for a user in this case to need the ability to select multiple fields in the second list box.

Thank you,

Roy

Labels