Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ADD w/ Scheduler - How Big Is the Team?

Damien68
5 - Atom

Hi Folks,

I know for my team, I really enjoy the fact of having scheduler with their licenses.  I always say that the team functions at a higher capacity then just the actual physical members.

My question.  Are there any supporting numbers to show the capacity that scheduler provides to a team of five (5); e.g. functionally operating as a six (6) member team?  Seven?

For once, I would like to be able to put quantitative numbers around my statement.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, 

Damien

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Damien68 

Some perspective as a previous customer - Alteryx Server supports more than just the scheduling of workflows. You completely shift this work off of an individuals machine so that computer's resources no longer need to be leveraged for processing data. Additionally, it allows for greater frequency of reporting without the dependency of someone hitting a button and kicking off the process which can be very helpful if stakeholders are requesting more frequent deliverables. There are also the version control and logging capabilities which make change management over time more standard in a centralized environment. 

I wouldn't necessarily think about it in terms of "capacity" as much as it is about your teams desire to continue to create new processes and automate the old ones. If the team's machines are consumed by existing requests then there isn't the time or the resources to take on new tasks. Automating the workflows on the server gives you both so the scaling of your analyst capabilities depends entirely on how many workflows you can create!

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

From a hard numbers perspective... if someone currently builds and runs 5 workflows but has the ability to offload them from their machine and build 25 more, they now effectively have 30 workflows in production which equates to 6 people in the previous context. This is the variable that will dictate your time savings ROI, but the importance of centralizing development should also not be overlooked. 

Labels