Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

2024.1 Options > Advanced Options > Manage Data Connections.

sas2108
5 - Atom

The 'Manage Data Connections' guidance for Alteryx Designer 2024.1 states: To view and manage data connections at any time, select Options > Advanced Options > Manage Data Connections.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/connection-setup/manage-data-connections.html#idm450020...

I cannot see 'Manage Data Connections' in the Advanced Options of 2024.1 (see screenshots attached).

Is there updated guidance for this to set up a SQL Server Database Connection?

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@sas2108 
I dont see it either on my newly installed 2024.1, but It is there for 2023.1 😅

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

I will submit a ticket for support.

Raj
15 - Aurora

@sas2108 
for 2023.1 this option was visible bit now it is not visible, and a new option is visible "system settings" 
please check if it is added into it or you can raise a support ticket as well for help.

sas2108
5 - Atom

Update on the Manage Data Connections issue in Alteryx 2024.1…

Alteryx have now updated their guidance page for ‘Manage Data Connections’ and say:

This option is only visible when the DCM Mode is set to DCM Optional or DCM Default. These are the only modes that allow usage of the legacy connections in Designer. That means this navigation option is hidden with DCM Mode set to Only or Enforced.

To change the DCM Mode, go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings. Next, in the General tab, scroll to the Override DCM Settings section and select DCM Optional/Default.

Labels