Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

2024.1.1.17 Input tool - saved connections removed?

Phil_P
Meteoro

Hi all,

We have just installed the latest update, it seems to have removed saved connections from the input tool, was this planned or a bug?

Whats the best way now to set up common database connections so that anyone in the team can run the workflow?

Edit, we have tried to set up new connections under File - Manage Connections but my colleagues get "Invalid connection" if they open a workflow I create even though they are using the same DSN and connection name.

6 RESPOSTAS 6
cjaneczko
Pulsar

Set the connection up as an Alias. Its saving your credentials in the connection string so they are unable to connect. The driver and name may be the same but the login credentials are different for the two of you. 

Phil_P
Meteoro

Hi, can you advise on how to do that? Is there a guide online?

We have selected no credentials in the connection manager which allows us to connect individually but breaks for anyone else.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 151319.png

cjaneczko
Pulsar
Phil_P
Meteoro

I did look at that but :

"Next, let’s go to the Manage Database Connections window (or Manage In-DB Connections window for In-DB aliases). This will be under Options> Advanced Options > Manage Data Connections. Here we can add new aliases, and edit or delete, any existing ones"

Doesn't seem to be an option any more, I can only find the connection manager under the file menu.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 171059.png

Screenshot 2024-05-09 171301.png

cjaneczko
Pulsar

I believe it was added to the System Settings section. I havent upgraded to the newest version yet but it still should be available to create Aliases. 

Phil_P
Meteoro

Alteryx support helped me out, for anyone getting the same issue:

The latest update seems to default the DCM setttings to "DCM Only".

To change it go into Options --> User Settings --> Edit User Settings
Tick "Override DCM Settings"
Then select "DCM as Default"

You should then have the option to use saved connections and also be able to use Alias's to share workflows with outher team members

Rótulos