Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Designer Cloud: No suitable driver found

waltg
5 - Atom

I am trying to connect from trial Designer Cloud to Snowflake trial and have that message.

SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc❄️//app.snowflake.com/east-us-2.azure.snowflakecomputing.com/?db=SNOWFLAKE_SAMPLE_DATA&warehouse=COMPUTE_WH&application=Tri...

Is there any chance that I set sth wrong?

Should I install on cloud there?

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Does the trial version support JDBC connections? I think it said that it specifically didn't as of a few months ago...

waltg
5 - Atom

Haven't heard about that. Thanks apathetichell.
I think I can't choose different way to connect to Snowflake, that mean I can't check how AC works with SF which was the most important thing for me to check. What a pity.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I could be wrong - I'll do some tests this weekend and see how far along I get.

One quick check - this part: app.snowflake.com/ is off in  your connection string - it should be your account_identifier.snowflakecomputing.com - in classic console this was a bit easier to follow but in the current UI take for example:

https://app.snowflake.com/prod3.us-west-2.aws/XXXXXX/

XXXXXX is your account identifier.

a classic connection string would look like:

jdbc:snowflake://xy12345.snowflakecomputing.com/?user=peter&warehouse=mywh&db=mydb&schema=public

waltg
5 - Atom

Wow, I connected in!
It started working when I specified as the account: xx12345.east-us-2.azure, without giving a region it did not want to connect.
You had a good idea with that account. That error message I was receiving is so confusing.

All the best apathetichell

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

TBH - snowflake is the main culprit here. When they swapped ui's they made it much more difficult to pin down the account_ids...

sireeshagandam
8 - Asteroid

Good