Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Turn off Notifications?

No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

We are standing up Connect and would like to mute all the notifications until we are ready to roll. Every time we complete a change, delete a source/report/workflow etc - an email gets generated and sent to all related parties for that item. Getting really challenging to send out a "Pay no attention to the email you just received" notices every time. I've been unable to find anything that speaks to this...anywhere...

Can anyone provide some insight here?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @No-Sass ,

there is no switch. What you can do is to remove the configuration of the SMTP server (or just modify it to non-existing hostname), so Connect does not send any emails until you are ready to send them.  

What we are working on right is the option for the user to turn-off notifications on auto-loaded content. But what you are looking for is to have a master switch for such notifications for all users. I'll have a look what I can do with that and will try to get it done as well in current release.

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
JoTP
8 - Asteroid

On a similar note, the email notifications that are received are not easily marked or flagged/prefixed as coming from Alteryx. I expect that this is on purpose so that data owners can't "hide" from changes/comments on their areas of expertise, but from a time management point of view, it would be good to be able to flag them in some way so that a rule can be run on them in the users inbox, and they can batch up their reviews/answers.

For example if there was a prefix like [Alteryx Connect] then this would be easier...

Interested in others thoughts on this. Is it done like this on purpose??