The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

To classify data sources by folder

If files/tables with the same name are registered, it is impossible to identify on the data sources list.
Our client would like a feature that to classify data sources by folder as like "All Schemas, Tables and Views".

022501.png

4 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @Suzu ,

I am not sure that I follow. Could you please provide more details? E.g. what is the purpose and what the user experience should be? Especially I am not sure what does "to classify data sources by folder" mean.

Suzu
9 - Comet

Hi @VojtechT ,

Thank you for your reply. 

The client said "if files/tables with the same name are registered, it is impossible to identify on the data sources list". He would like to classify files/tables as identify them easy.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @VojtechT ,

@Suzu have similar use cases.  If we are working on a project we may want to know what additional assets are related to a particular folder, as that folder may be an entire project.  This would help provide context around seemingly unrelated data sources or sources/outputs that have not been connected yet.  Having this searchable would also help with batch created files where the only difference is the file suffix.  Using the path as metadata I could now attach the pertinent information to the path instead of each file.  

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community. Your idea is currently being reviewed by the Alteryx Development Team for a possible future release. Please note that this review process can take some time, we’ll do our best to keep you up to date on the status of your idea.