Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

Alteryx connect metadata loader for star and snowflake schema

sahni12485
5 - Atom

Hi Team,

Is their is any way to upload metadata from star and snowflake schema in Alteryx connect.

Regards

Tanuj

4 REPLIES 4
EddieW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sahni12485,

Alteryx Connect help page contains the following: https://help.alteryx.com/connect/current/DataSources/Snowflake.htm

Is it what you are after?

Eddie Wong
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
sahni12485
5 - Atom

Hi Eddie,

I am looking to upload star schema and snowflake schema i.e. Data warehouse  upload to alteryx connect.

EddieW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sahni12485,

We have the capability to upload Snowflake schema to Alteryx Connect via Snowflake Loader. You should be able to access the Loader through Designer Sample Workflows:

Capture.PNG

As for the Star schema, that is not available at the moment. However, we do have the Loader SDK, which you can potentially use to build a custom loader for this specific purpose. Here's the link that will give you more information on that topic.

Eddie Wong
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
IanCo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tanju,

I think rather than 'Snowflake' the Database, you are wondering if it is possible to upload a schema like a star or snowflake. The answer is yes.

What data source do you have? If it on this list, simply run the loader from Designer. If it is not listed, Alteryx has an SDK to create a loader.

Additionally, you have the ability to both tweak the existing loader and add data once in Connect. If there was something custom that the metadata loader didn't pick up, you could load that as well.

Thanks!

Ian