Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Alteryx Connect Setting Update

jagee
6 - Meteoroid

I have installed Alteryx Connect but I need to change the SMTP settings that I first configured it with. How do I modify those settings?

4 REPLIES 4
PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi, please try this,

1. locate ac_config.xml usually in C:\Program Files\AlteryxConnect\ac_work

2. edit this xml config file

3. restart connect windows service

I think it will help.

Petr

jagee
6 - Meteoroid

That is not ideal as I may need to change the password which is an encrypted string. Also, there is no test email sent when configuring the SMTP so there is no way to know if it is working without starting the entire server (waiting quite a while) and then trying an action that would trigger an email.

How should I proceed to actually update this through an interface to update my password.

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

I understand, in this case you should uninstall connect (database files will remain on disk after uninstall), than install connect again, with correct settings.

As the database is already initialized, startup will not take that long as first time init.

Currently email setup wizzart is accessible via installer only.

blyons
11 - Bolide

I had a similar problem, and was told to access the "configfiles" page and change it there. This is a hidden page under <connect instance>/acadmin/configfiles. In that page, under "Global," you will find the smtp server settings. It looks like you can edit it there. You can click Save, and it says "Processing," then eventually, "OK." However, if you refresh the page, and look, it doesn't actually save the change.

In our situation, we entered the username prefixed with the AD domain (i.e. "DOMAIN\username") during the installation process. However, the installer stripped out the backslash, making it an invalid user name so it won't log in.

This behavior, and the "solution" being to uninstall and reinstall, feels like early beta, not a released product. "Uninstall and reinstall" is worse than Microsoft's three-finger-salute (CTRL-ALT-DEL).