This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!
on 10-18-201809:54 PM - edited on 02-27-202001:11 PM by KylieF
In order to schedule the Metadata loader, you will need to configure and save the .yxwv file, and configure the ConnectScheduler workflow to run from the directory of the .yxwv file. Detailed steps listed below:
1. Open the Metadata loader in Designer, in this example the Files loader, fill in the information for the "Files to load" and "Alteryx Connect" tabs
2. Click Save button to save the .yxwv file in the default File Loader location - C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect\Files_Loader
4. Click on the Directory input tool, select the root directory where the yxwv file(s) is saved, for example C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect
5. For the File Specification, leave it as *.*
6. Saved locally text
Schedule the loader using Local machine
1. To Schedule using local computer, complete steps 1 - 5 from above
2. Click Option > Schedule Workflow > My computer
3. Select Run the workflow from its original location on disk
Note: When the scheduler runs, it will run every metadata loader with .yxwv file one by one. If you only need to have one of the loaders scheduled, you need to have the Metadata loader moved into a folder other than C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect
Tip: When scheduling loaders on Alteryx Gallery, we recommend to copying the metadata loader and save the .yxwv files into a share drive to avoid the situation where the Alteryx Server machine is unable to access the end user's machine. See steps below:
Steps: 1. Create a Folder called AlteryxConnect in a Share Drive 2. Copy the loader folder, for example Files_Loader from C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect to the Share Drive's AlteryxConnect 3. Complete steps 1-2 from above but save the .yxwv file into the share drive under AlteryxConnect\Files_loader 4. Open ConnectScheduler from Help > Sample Workflow > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders 5. In the Directory Input tool, select the Path of AlteryxConnect in the Share Drive, make sure it is the UNC path 6. Save ConnectScheduler, and it is ready to be schedule