This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Now that it's live, don't forget to accept your certification badge on Credly today! Learn more here.
We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In order to harvest workflows from a Gallery, your Gallery user must first have access to the “Admin” Gallery API. To confirm access with an Admin account, open a browser and navigate to your organization’s Alteryx Gallery, click on the cog icon at top right, and select “Settings”:
Click “Keys” tab and ensure that the “Admin API” is enabled by selecting the API Enabled option “Yes”:
At this point, copy both the Key and Secret (in red) to a text editor for entry into the Alteryx Loader app in the steps below.
1. Open Alteryx Designer and Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Alteryx Loader > Alteryx Loader:
2. Open the Analytic App interface by clicking the wand icon to the right of the “Run” button:
3. Configure the Alteryx Gallery tab and select “Next”:
• You must keep the provided API URL format, with “/api/admin/v1” appended to the Gallery URL • Supply your Admin API Key and Secret from the steps above • (Optional) Filter apps and workflows containing a term within the app name • In-database connections and local aliases may be loaded from their location on disk. This is an XML connection file, not an INDBC file
4. Configure the Alteryx Connect tab with your admin credentials:
Note: At this stage it is recommended that you save the YXWV value file from the app interface into the Alteryx loader directory (C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect\Alteryx_Loader\
This .yxwv file of app configurations can be used later for scheduling the Alteryx metadata loader for a regular harvest.
5. Click “Finish” and wait for the app to load your metadata to Connect. Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take some time to run:
6. Upon completion of a successful metadata harvest, the app will output “Success” and you can select “OK” to exit. To confirm the harvest, open the Connect website to validate the metadata load in Analytic Workflows > Alteryx Workflows: