Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

User level localization

Change localization from the system level to the user level. This allows select interface language individually for each user. 

Some of our potential customers - multi-cultural companies would like to have this flexibility.

4 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

What localization do you have in mind, @AndreyBaburov ? Connect does not officially support localization right now at all and only the English language is supported.

Or are you talking about things like date/time format and not language?

AndreyBaburov
8 - Asteroid

Hello. @VojtechT , I mean GUI localization. switching user interface to some local languages, e.g. to Russian. in the old version I saw Localization settings in admin console. And I suppose to allow users choose interface language.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: New Idea

Yes, we did work on localization, but that effort was stopped and currently Connect does not officially support localization.

However, even if we decide in the future to revert this decision, having language set up per user could not be done without significant architectural changes and thus I don't see that very feasible.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Not Planned