Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

To classify data sources by folder

If files/tables with the same name are registered, it is impossible to identify on the data sources list.
Our client would like a feature that to classify data sources by folder as like "All Schemas, Tables and Views".

022501.png

4 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @Suzu ,

I am not sure that I follow. Could you please provide more details? E.g. what is the purpose and what the user experience should be? Especially I am not sure what does "to classify data sources by folder" mean.

Suzu
9 - Comet

Hi @VojtechT ,

Thank you for your reply. 

The client said "if files/tables with the same name are registered, it is impossible to identify on the data sources list". He would like to classify files/tables as identify them easy.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @VojtechT ,

@Suzu have similar use cases.  If we are working on a project we may want to know what additional assets are related to a particular folder, as that folder may be an entire project.  This would help provide context around seemingly unrelated data sources or sources/outputs that have not been connected yet.  Having this searchable would also help with batch created files where the only difference is the file suffix.  Using the path as metadata I could now attach the pertinent information to the path instead of each file.  

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community. Your idea is currently being reviewed by the Alteryx Development Team for a possible future release. Please note that this review process can take some time, we’ll do our best to keep you up to date on the status of your idea.