Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Search for objects with a specific tag

We can tag all objects but when we want to find all the objects with a specific tag that is not possible.

In the advanced search it should be possible to search for all objects. with a specific tag.

The tag should be a part to the search boost.

Example. I have 10 tables that I tag "Finance". When users search for finance the tables should appear even though finance is not a part of the table name, column names or description

5 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @kasd , 

it should already work in the advanced search. First pick "Tags" field and then select which Tag. If this doesn't work for you, then you should contact customer support.  

But I assume you mean mainly the LiveSearch on the top of the page? 

kasd
7 - Meteor

In the Advanced search I was apparently doing it worng so I made it work now. But would still like it to work in the liveSearch/search boost

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for your post! 

Our product team is currently working on finalizing this feature and you should see it available in an upcoming release!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for your post! 

Our product team is currently finalizing this feature and you should see it available in an upcoming release!

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hello @kasd ,

unfortunately we have found out that this change would require much bigger architectural change than we had expected. In order for livesearch to perform so fast it returns only records based on their name and alternative name, thus returning records based on a tag value is not feasible at this moment.