The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Metadata loader for SharePoint

Hello Alteryx Team,

Would you consider creating a metadata loader for SharePoint? A lot of companies that we are working with have a lot of data stored in SharePoint and they would like to catalog their metadata.

I am aware that it is possible to use the Files Loader when the SharePoint drive is mapped as a mapped drive in Windows Explorer, but the mapping and subsequent scheduling is very problematic, also because of security policies in large enterprises.

Having a SharePoint dedicated loader would be a great benefit.

Thank you very much for considering this idea.

Regards,

Jan Laznicka

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate your feedback! If you haven’t yet be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines as it goes over our idea boards and the requirements to reach product in a bit greater detail. Be sure to check out the other product idea boards as well as like any other ideas that would benefit you!

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

I have struggled with this. Closest I've been able to come is a Nintex workflow that frequently copies the sharepoint file to a shared drive that Alteryx can access. This is a lot of extra work and outside my core skillset and permissions to make this happen. It usually requires assistance from 2-3 others

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @JanLaznicka ,

I would actually love to see such loader as well, this I'm putting this idea into Accepted. And let's see what future brings.

JanLaznicka
9 - Comet

Hi @VojtechT ,

Thanks for the information, looking forward to the future then! 🙂

Cheers,

Jan Laznicka