The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Have In-Db input as an option when selecting "Use in workflow" for database tables.

as per the title, when selecting "Use in workflow" a user should have the option to connect with the in-db tools when applicable rather than being stuck on a green input tool with an odbc connection. Ditto when searching from the omnibox in designer. 

4 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Balders,

I must apologise - I'm not sure that I understand your suggestion - would you mind mocking this up or giving an example?

Balders
11 - Bolide

@SeanAdams When I search for a table from a SQL database in Connect, if I click the "use in workflow" button I get a workflow with a standard green input tool. I want the option to use this table in a workflow but connecting though an In-Db tool instead of the standard green input tool with an odbc connection string. 

This is the button as in Connect:

Alteryx Connect use in workflow.png

and this comes through with a green input tool when I click it:

Input string.png

I want the choice to connect In-Db when clicking the "use in workflow" button.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you - I understand what you're saying, and this was well described.

As another version of this - is there an idea worth logging, to take any of the green Input tools and "convert to in-DB input".    That would achieve what you're looking for, without having to add the complexity of what can / cannot be in-DB queried to the Connect platform?

But I do get where you're coming from!

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted