Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Group Analytic Workflows

In the Alteryx Gallery we have the ability to place workflows in Districts or Collections. This structure should be maintained in Connect. Similar to how Data sources are managed, instead of Data Source Servers, you have an area to select and filter by the various collections and districts in which workflows are contained.

5 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @jmelik ,

I agree with the idea to propagate the information about Collections the workflow is in in Connect.

However, I am afraid we cannot "maintain" the structure since in Server the workflow can exist in multiple collections, but in Connect it can exist only in one folder. 

Therefore we are thinking about simple "tags-like" attribute where we show the names of Collections the workflow is in and once you click it, you basically see all the workflows that are inside of that collection as well. 

Would this be acceptable solution for your use case?

jmelik
8 - Asteroid

Hello! Yes, I like this idea of a "tags-like" attribute and the ability to click a collection to see the workflows that are contained within. This would be a great addition!

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

The feature has been put onto roadmap for an upcoming release.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your idea! This feature has been implemented in the latest release, 2020.1, which you can download here! Also check out the release notes for this version here!