Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Custom fields - possibility to add URLs, not only plain text

Hi Alteryx,

From 2019.2 version of Alteryx Connect, there is a new functionality of adding custom fields. However, right now, it is only possible to add plain text (text type) in there. 

Would it be possible to add there also URLs (hyperlinks)? We want to add new custom fields with hyperlinks pointing to other Connect pages.

Thank you

Michal

7 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @Michal ,

my first impression was that you would like to have special kind of text field where you put url and the string is clickable.

But since you would like to link to another page in Connect, it's probably not the case.

In your use case I believe the solution should be:

1. create new custom field of type Picker
  2. define a query returning everything
  3. set it as "Visible when empty" and "Is inline editable"
  4. Assign the field to the Asset type
  5. On an asset page, pick the desired page from the list and save
  6. you can see the name of the asset as link to the page

Or did you mean any different case?

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

ad step 2 - the query would be

*:*
Michal
9 - Comet

Hi @VojtechT,

Thanks for coming back to me. This approach works well for the links to other objects in Connect. This will cover the first half of our use case.

We also need to use custom fields with urls to external pages (like Sharepoint or others), which would be pointing to training materials, business templates etc. 

Thanks a lot

Michal

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for your post! 

Our product team has reviewed this idea and would like to include it into a future release of the product. Please note this can take some time, however we'll be sure to update this idea again once we are closer to the release of this feature.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Hi, I'm putting this into the Coming Soon stage and it should be part of an upcoming release. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks for suggesting this idea! We have implemented the ability to add URLs to custom fields in the 2020.4 release of Connect which is available for download here: http://downloads.alteryx.com/