Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Connect for Data Science Project Management #datahive

@OndrejCsummarizes connect as "a state-of-the-art Data Catalog with a social twist".  

I define it in a broader fashion as data analytics social network, a collective intelligence or #datahive...

I would propose adding Analytics projects and related documents and the relevant relationship data;

• Project charter,
  • Solution approach document,
  • Data dictionary,
  • Project timeline (a gantt chart etc.)
  • Roles & responsibilities

into the picture so that any team can track their Data Science project progress there...

Here is a nice process flow view of a DS process

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/team-data-science-process/overview

MSTDSPtasks.png

A Microsoft Project view of the Analytics projects at hand...

ms-project-templates

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There is a lot of merit in what you're suggesting @Atabarezz - I may not have started with the charter & project schedule - but between Connect & Promote there's a need to be able to make development of assets into a team sport.

• I agree on the idea of adding core documents to the project
  • Would also be good to have a proper check-in/check out type control so that multiple developers can work on the same projet

Microsoft does this well for developers in visual studio - and many different Data Science tools are starting to look at how to make the DS Project flow into more of a collaborative team event rather than just a single person task 

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Thanks Sean for great feedback. Looking forward for friends to upvote...

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted