Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Active Directory groups in Connect

Hi, 

I understand it is possible to integrate the users from active directory into Connect but there is no functionality to import actual user groups. Is that something that can be added to the roadmap?

Thanks

Michal

8 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Yes, this already is on our Roadmap and we would like to deliver this feature in this year.

Vojta

Michal
9 - Comet

That is good news, thank you very much. Are you expecting this feature in 2019.3 or .4?

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Was planned for 2019.3 but has been postponed to 2019.4. However, I cannot promise that.

AndreyBaburov
8 - Asteroid

Use Enterprise Active directory groups to manage Alteryx Connect permissions. Often, large organizations have strong security policies and security administrators would like to manage all application group membership via one interface. So the idea is to set up inside Alteryx Connect correspondence between Connect groups and AD groups. And synchronize group membership automatically on a regular basis.

Michal
9 - Comet
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@AndreyBaburov 

Hello! I wanted to let you know I've moved your ideas about the Active Directories for Connect to here. Thank you all for your idea and contributing to the growth of Alteryx!  

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Hi guys, 

we just started working on it. Not only groups, but also users of course.

Please let me know if you have any special request for it. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your feedback!

We've included the ability to import user groups from an Active Directory in our latest release of Connect, 2020.2! You can find the download for this version here.