Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

API Relationships/Lineage in Connect

We have some scheduled workflows that utilize the download tool for API calls. When we scrape them with connect there aren't any references to them in the "Relationships" or "Data Connections" areas.

Even if this is something that would be difficult for Alteryx to scrape through a workflow, I would love the ability to create entities like this and manually connect them as a data source. Like we have some partners where there 10 to 15 API calls are required to pull the entire data set. It would be great to know which workflows reference those APIs so that if changes are made on their side, we can easily identify which workflows are impacted.

4 Comments
OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

+1

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi, 

ability to manually create an API asset is on our roadmap and should be delivered in the 2019.2 release. 

As the next step we will investigate if we are able to also automatically create the lineage out of the workflow.

Vojta

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@VojtechT If I could give you a star I would.

I will mull over some things in my head as well for how you could make this work.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your post and contributing to the Alteryx Products!

Your idea has been fully implemented in release 2019.4. Check it out and let us know what you think in our Discussion Boards!