Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Version Management in Gallery

Michal
9 - Comet

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to retrieve an exact date when new version of a workflow was uploaded to Gallery? I know it works when it is today, yesterday or couple days ago but "2 months ago" in Creation Date is simply not enough and I am struggling to find it anywhere.

snip.PNG

Thanks a lot.

Michal 

3 REPLIES 3
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Michal Gallery and Designer will only display an approximate date based on the creation date of a workflow. This includes recent dates as well as extended ones. If the workflow was created/updated within 5-6 days it will display the day of the week and hour and minute of creation (e.g Wednesday 9:26 AM). Anything beyond this period displays as 1 Week Ago, 2 Weeks Ago, 6 Months Ago, etc... In all of these cases Gallery and Designer does not display the exact date and time. However, the exact date and time is stored in the database both for the initial workflow and any revisions. If you really need the exact date and time you can retrieve it from the database directly. Any workflows loaded to Connect will also show the creation date/time in the associated Connect metadata.

Michal
9 - Comet

Hi,

We are hearing this request more and more often from the users/clients. Is this something that could be implemented in future versions? We don't see much value in knowing some versions were changed couple months ago, only specific date and time would bring a benefit.

Thank you

Michal

KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Michal I am not aware of any plans to change this functionality. However, that doesn't mean it won't be or can't be changed. If you would like to see this functionality changed I would recommend posting the idea along with your use case or reasoning for the change to the Product Ideas section of Community. Posts to product ideas are regularly reviewed by the development team, and ideas are frequently considered for new features or enhancements. This would be the best way to bring your idea to the development teams attention.