Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Uploading big workflow to alteryx gallery - error encountered

alicezyk
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

As atleryx newbie, I was trying to save a workflow to my gallery. However, I encountered an error "object reference not set to an instance of an object". The input file is 10 GB alteryx database while the workflow is only 63 KB.

I am not sure what's the limit of how big of a file I can upload to the gallery.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@alicezyk,

I found this article that answers your question about the "public" Alteryx gallery:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Analytic-Gallery-FAQ-s/ta-p/1275

Are there limits to the file size of applications and/or data published in the Analytics Gallery?
Yes, applications and data are limited to 100MB.

What are my options if I want to publish an application and data that exeed 100MB?
Please use the Cloud Connector tools within the Designer Desktop to host your data on the cloud.

My guess was 100MB.  I suppose I could have gone with my gut.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
alicezyk
6 - Meteoroid

This is super helpful! Thank you!

alicezyk
6 - Meteoroid

@MarqueeCrew wrote:

@alicezyk,

I found this article that answers your question about the "public" Alteryx gallery:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Analytic-Gallery-FAQ-s/ta-p/1275

Are there limits to the file size of applications and/or data published in the Analytics Gallery?
Yes, applications and data are limited to 100MB.

What are my options if I want to publish an application and data that exeed 100MB?
Please use the Cloud Connector tools within the Designer Desktop to host your data on the cloud.

My guess was 100MB.  I suppose I could have gone with my gut.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi @MarqueeCrew,

I got a response from Alteryx support.

Quote:

"There is a 100 MB limit for publishing to the Alteryx Analytic Gallery, this is the one that we host, that anyone can view your workflows at gallery.alteryx.com.  I am assuming you are publishing to your company gallery though.  Which I don't believe has a size limit.  "

So i have a different problem here. Will update once I solve it.