Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there an SDK C# QuickStart Guide?

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

I have just started working with Alteryx, and previous to this I have messed about a bit with C#.

I have been looking for some guide on how to add C# stuff to Alteryx with the SDK.

For example, if I have a field in a dataset, and I wanted to process that field in C#, how could I do that? I know Alteryx works on a record-by-record basis, so is there a way I can get C# code into the processing path and work with each record as it goes through a workflow?

I am sort of looking for the "Hello World!" examples of how to get started, some pointers to documentation or examples.

I have had a good google for information, and one James Dunkerly keeps surfacing as the end point of all knowledge (Bravo James!), but he is already way out there and I cannot find the simplest examples, the way in.

If anyone can provide helpful links, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hiblet,

We have some samples available as standard. If you have installed the admin version of Alteryx in the default location they will be saved here: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\APIs

You will need to contact your local Alteryx Client Service Representative or send an email to
products@alteryx.com to obtain the password.

Thanks

Joe

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

Hi @JoeS,

I did not spot those samples, thanks for pointing them out!

Much obliged for your help,

Cheers,

Steve

Labels