Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool, blank email being sent even after using Table and the sample tools.

poojitha4
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx and was stumped by this problem.

So, I created a workflow which gives out o/p of size 124MB. I know this is pretty big for the email tool, so I tried to send this data by first using a table tool and then took a sample of one row from the table and used the mail tool to send an email to my mail address. But this does not seem to work. All is get is a blank mail without any data, any idea on where I am going wrong? 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @poojitha4,

Thanks for your question! I believe the reason you think the email is blank is because it is actually taking a long time to load. I tested this approach on my computer with a relatively wide dataset and the email initially looked blank but then after waiting it eventually loaded. 

Due to the size of your data, the better approach would be to create a file and then attach it to the email. I've attached an example that will do this. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Amelia

poojitha4
8 - Asteroid

Hey, this seems to work but the table is changing my data format. Any idea on how to save the format?

poojitha4
8 - Asteroid

And also, the mail was not sent!

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@poojitha4,

Thanks for your questions! The table tool has it's own formatting styles which you can update on a field by field basis. This guide details everything about the Table tool. 

In regards to the email being sent - can you please double check that the 'Enable' box is checked in the email tool?

Note: If there were any errors within your workflow, the email would not have been sent. 

Best wishes,

Amelia

poojitha4
8 - Asteroid

Actually there are no errors in my workflow. I here attach a screenshot, please take a look at it. I tried this yesterday and have been waiting since then but no mail yet and tried again today-no mail again. please help!

poojitha4
8 - Asteroid

I GOT THE MAIL! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Just one trouble persists, the date format is changed. If you have any idea on that, that will be helpful.

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

In regards to your date:

1. Is it set to a 'Date' format in Alteryx?

2. How is it displaying in your file? How would you like it to display?

Thanks,

Amelia

Labels