Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calling multipe alteryx apps from a single app.

bvijayakumar
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to build an app where I would like to have an alteryx app run via another app. I have 3 radio buttons on the first application on which the options are selected and run

Capture.JPG

If the user selects App1, App1.yxwz has to be run, App2 for App2.yxwz and App3 for App3.yxwz.

I have set the On Success - Run Another Analytical App option selected on the first  app.but that seems to work for only 1 app to be triggered.

Is there a way for me to trigger different alteryx apps depending on the option selected?  Maybe using a VB script maybe to trigger different apps depending on the options selected would work? But then I tried starting the alteryx apps from the command prompt using "AlteryxEngineCmd.exe", it says the app has been started but I do not see the app UI.

Can someone please help me with this.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've done something similar using batch files. The bat file can be written, then executed in Alteryx using a Run Command tool. The batch content will be structured like "start" <Program> <Workflow>. Here's an example:

start "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxGui.exe" "C:\Users\bvijayakumar\Desktop\AwesomeWorkflow.yxmd"

"AlteryxGui.exe" will open the specified module for editing in Alteryx Designer (UI). Use "AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" if you'd like the engine to run the workflow. Keep in mind that if you use the AlteryxEngineCmd.exe it's the same as opening the workflow in Designer and pressing play (so the workflow should be saved and ready to go).

bvijayakumar
5 - Atom

Hi @CharlieS,

Thank you and that worked fine! I am now trying to get the radio button selections to invoke 3 different apps, looking at using Condition and Detour tools for that!

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi Vijay,

Did you manage to produce your required workflow using the condition tool, i have also used the above method however i have 4 different chained apps based on the selection.

The condition tool is only able to produce a True or False (2 conditions) 

How can i manipulate it or create a nested condition so that i can have 1 of the 4 options (or app to run)

Labels