Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

App Help - Third filter responsive to first two

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

Hi all, 

Hopefully someone can help me here! I've attached a packaged workflow with sample data in (not the full data set). 

My issue is that I want the third option in my app (the third drop down interface tool) to be responsive to what has arrived through the first two filters. 

i.e. filter 1 is Environment which the user can choose from the manually input list, filter 2 is format which is the same. 

Filter 3 is then a list of 'Weights' which will be quite different depending on what comes through and i want the third drop down to recognise the new list of potential weights in the data and then update the options.

I know this can be done but struggling somewhat!

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks,

Ciaran

1 REPLY 1
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @CiaranA,

The interface tools don't work in this fashion. When Alteryx configures the Interface, none of the non-interface tools are run and only the Metadata is used to configure the tools. 

The ways around this involve:

1. Chaining Apps
  2. Writing the options to a temp file and using that in another app
  3. Or having a configure option, where a temp file is written, and a use option where that temp file is used. As in the picture below. Note, you may need to have another Input Tool, in a container activated by the 'Process Weights' Radio Button

Configure_Weights_Menu_Choice.png

Labels