Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytics App execution log when run locally

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't for the life of me find where in Alteryx Designer to see the execution log for apps run with the magic wand.  If I run it via the the gallery on our Alteryx Server, I can connect to the controller under 'Options'->'View Schedules' and view the output.  Where do I find this for locally executed applications?

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In the System Settings, the last section is called Engine Configuration. On this page, there's a field called "Logging Directory" if that field is empty, it is disabled. Otherwise you can specify any folder you'd like your local Alteryx engine to write logs to.

LocalLogDirectory.png

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

So the only way is to wade through log files?  I figured there would be a place in the UI to access it (much like when you run a normal job or a job runs on the server)...

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you want to watch the log, you could run wizards in debug mode rather than using the wand. Debug would open that wizard as a workflow in Designer and the Results window would work like normal.

Debug mode can be accessed from the Interface Designer window (Ctrl+Alt+D) from the wand icon ("Test View") that appears on that window.

Labels