Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server

Tharashasank
8 - Asteroid

Hi Experts,

I have installed Alteryx server in AWS. After installation  i logged into gallery but when i want to sign out of that i am not finding an option to sign out button.Please look at the screenshot.

Alteryx1.PNG

In alteryx Server guide i have read that the Admin page opens and the following functions display in the left menu.

• System

Some thing like the below screenshot:

alteryx2.PNG

But in my environment iam not able to see it. Please look at the below screenshot;

alteryx3.PNG

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Tharashasank

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey Tharashasank,

So, I work for an alteryx partner who has an alteryx server installation. This process requires a login.

In this scenario I have the sign out option available when I select the settings cog.

However, I am also doing some work for a client who has an alteryx server instance. In their case they use SSO (i.e. when I open alteryx server I don't have to login, it takes my windows credentials). 

In this scenario I have the same functionality as yourself, i.e. no sign out option available from the settings cog.

I think this is as expected, but perhaps an alteryx engineer could clarify further.

NYAO
5 - Atom

Hello, 

Thank you for posting this. I am also having trouble finding a way to log out.

rahulagrawal
5 - Atom
Hi BenMoss,
Could you please let me know the steps how we can use SSO in our Alteryx server.

Thanks
Rahul
yuriy
8 - Asteroid

Please add logout and session time out functionality to Alteryx server with windows auth as it is high risk security risk. Thank you