Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery giving time out error for uploading bigger files through file browse tool.

sumitiiest
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am receiving time-out error while running my app from Gallery. it gives error only for bigger data-set, for smaller data-set its working fine.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue.

error.PNG

Thanks,

Sumit

9 REPLIES 9
TonyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sumitiiest

This sounds as if the worker is configured in the system settings to timeout after 30 seconds. Would you be able to contact your server admin to check if this is the case?

timeout.jpg

If this is not the issue then please let me know so we can troubleshoot further!

Best,

sumitiiest
8 - Asteroid

Thanks TonyM for your kind reply,

I have already checked that and couldn't find any solution.

TonyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sumitiiest

I was hoping it would be a quick fix! Guess not. Does this app happen to be a chained application?

sumitiiest
8 - Asteroid

Yes it is a chained application.

TonyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@sumitiiest

Ah i see. Unfortunately, there is a 30 second timeout for chained apps.

sumitiiest
8 - Asteroid

Is there no way to increase the 30 sec timeout or any other alternative to figure out the solution?

JAS7703
7 - Meteor

Any ideas if it’s not a chained app and just a normal app?

I am experiencing the same thing where a smaller file will load in the file browse but workbooks with lots of tabs (sometimes not even that large is megabytes) will time our.

Do you have any tips on how to reduce the time for a file browse to load? Maybe a certain tool setup for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Josh

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JAS7703 
You have to use a Text box and then use that to update an Input Data. The path has to be exactly correct, though, so you can add a file browse if you make it clear that the user should not click OK to actually load the file with the File browse, and just copy the path and paste it into a text box.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
JAS7703
7 - Meteor

Ok thanks Lisa. Will give it a go