Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

Update if value is present

young351
6 - Meteoroid

Having a hard time getting this to work...
I would like to create a column that will flag "yes" or "no" if  a certain status is present in [Tolerance Status] column, but I need it to look per [Tank Name] (I have multiple different Tank Names in my data, just using the one as example). Regardless of the "Complete" Status, so on all three rows, I would expect "yes" since "Pending Haul" is present. In this particular example, the Tank Name is the same in all 3 rows.  I have over 800 distinct tank names w/ multiple rows so I will need to give me the "yes" result if in any rows there is 'Pending Haul' regardless if there are other rows w/ 'Complete'.

young351_0-1684761836143.png

4 REPLIES 4
Deano478
11 - Bolide

Hi @young351 so are you saying even if the status is Pending Haul it should still be Yes?

young351
6 - Meteoroid

young351
6 - Meteoroid

Yes.  I am wanting to flag if there is an open ticket, Pending Haul. So even though I am seeing 2 rows (2 tickets) that are Complete, I need my end user to see that there is an open ticket already created (Pending Haul).  Hope that makes sense.

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@young351 
You could use a Formula tool to create a new column (maybe call it Pending) as a Boolean depending on whether Tolerance Status contains 'Pending'

Contains([Tolerance Status}, 'Pending')

and then use a Summarize tool to group by Tank Name and provide Max value for Pending.  Booleans are 0=false and 1=true, so max value for the group shown above would be 1, and therefore be true.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.