Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Load Metadata from an Alteryx Server Gallery with http 404 error

haoyu1227
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I am new to Alteryx Connect. I want to Load Metadata from an Alteryx Server Gallery. When i run the alteryx_loader.yxwz workflow in alteryx designer, after types info for the alteryx server and alteryx connect, it appears error like"alteryx workflow API call error.Endpoint:workflows.HTTP:404". When i click the "open dedug" button, it shows the error like "Error: Download_list_of_workflows_connections_insights (632): Tool #50: Error reading incomming dataset #1: DataWrap2WrigleyDb::GoRecord: Attempt to seek past the end of the file, Connect credentials check failed. No credentials prvided.". Please see attached files for More information about two errors. 

I do not know what should i do now. 

What i have do:

1. I have the alteryx server and alteryx connect. They are installed on different machine. Alteryx connect loader has been installed on the same machine where server installed. All of them are same version 2022.1.

2. Alteryx designer has been connected to the server. 

3.Alteryx connect web UI can be open on any machine.

Are there any resources or videos i can follow to load metadata from alteryx gallery to alteryx connect? I saw the document such as https://help.alteryx.com/20221/connect/load-metadata-alteryx-server-gallery, but it seems not enough to follow. 

Thank you so much for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If you are able to share screenshots of the two configuration tabs for this application that would be useful?

Ben

haoyu1227
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for reply. 

Please find attached files as configuration tabs. Thank you so much!

haoyu1227
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your reply. Please find attached files as configuration tabs. Thank you a lot.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Okay @haoyu1227 I just wanted to sense check your inputs and everything looks as it should be to me. I think you'd need to wait for assistance from someone else for advice or, it may be worth messaging support@alteryx.com so you create a tracible ticket. 

Unfortunately I am using versions 2021.3 so I cannot compare our experiences as I am aware there was a significant update to the Server API between that and the version that you are working with.

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@haoyu1227 I just got a similar error message to you when reviewing a debug flow. Make sure you run the debug flow to see the true reason the flow is not working as intended!

Ben

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

In Alteryx Loader 2022.1 there were changes, 
It uses new API and new parameters (webapi) and new format(og gallery API) is introduded.
see examples,
It should be basically matching the server system settings main page - the both links are shown in lower part of screen. 

PetrH_0-1677687970977.png