Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

How to create Custom Certifier Group in Alteryx Connect?

srivallak
7 - Meteor

As of now, Connect has predefined (default) Certifier group who can certify. Is it possible to create a customized Certifier group who can certify without being part of default Cerifier group?

Thanks

Srinath

7 REPLIES 7
EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @srivallak

While on the Groups tab, select the ellipses button at the upper right corner of the screen and click on Export to Excel. Save a backup copy of the original file.

groups.png

On the Group tab of the workbook, copy the record for Certifiers and paste it in a new row. Afterward, change the entryName field for the new Certifiers group. Leave the xid blank, that will be added by Connect later.

excel groups.png

In the Administration Console, upload the new file.

upload.png

Afterward, the new Certifiers group is available for use.

new group.png

A similar method is available for customizing the Glossary. Please see this article for details: Glossary Bulk Load.

srivallak
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot Eric. Appreciate for your solution

srivallak
7 - Meteor

Hi Eric

I have followed the steps and able to create a custom certifier group. But when testing the functionality for “Certify” option, it isn’t working as expected, meaning, if I add users to the custom certifier group alone, they are still unable to certify unless I add them to the default Certifier group. My expectation is to have “Certify” ability by just adding to custom certify group alone, without being added to default certifier group. Do I need to do any additional permission changes to get this work?

Thanks

Sri

EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @srivallak

These steps should enable two independent Certifier groups where the members of the new group do not need to be part of the original group.

1. Select the new Certifiers group
2. In the Search bar enter type:workflow_transition
3. Choose the Lifecycles option that ends with Certify

workflow transition.png 

4. The Scripts section will read (user.getGroupNames().contains("Certifiers") by default. Add the new group. Here is the syntax for an example group called Approvers. (user.getGroupNames().contains("Certifiers") || user.getGroupNames().contains("Approvers"));

scripts.png

5. Click on Edit and Save. You may need to select Edit and Save for the group itself as well.

Please contact support@alteryx.com for any assistance needed.

srivallak
7 - Meteor

Thank you Eric. After applying above changes, It worked

PavelB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi all,

just small note, that you have to do this for every transition state.

On the example which EricWe mentioned, you allowed user certification of an asset without any change. If you want for example decertified that asset, you need to change this one too:

PavelB_0-1597310613432.png

Pavel Backovsky / Alteryx
Product Manager (Connect)
srivallak
7 - Meteor

Thank you Pavel