Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Glossary Term not visible, but cannot add new record with same name

atwestphal
5 - Atom

I used the bulk upload feature to import a list of 130 records to my Glossary in Alteryx connect. All rows in the Glossary.xlsx file were accepted (parent - 1 row, relations - 0 rows, term - 130 rows). One term, however, is not visible in the Glossary. That term is "Entity Status". When I export the list of terms from the Glossary, the missing term is not present. If I attempt to manually add a term with the name "Entity Status", I receive a system warning that "Failed to save Entity Status - Entry with name Entity Status already exists in parent Glossary".

Although the other 129 records were imported correctly, this one term is not visible in the Glossary on web or in the export file. It remains present somewhere in the back-end, however, thus preventing me from manually adding a new term with the same name. I would appreciate some help in identifying what is occurring here. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

For cases like: I am sure that entry is there, but I cant see it, I recommend to perform reindex in admin console. For terms it mignt be ok to select just term app, however, if your DB is not huge, I would go with full reindex.

Hope it help!

Petr

atwestphal
5 - Atom

Thank you Petr, reindexing the database seemed to help. I was still not able to load the Entity Status term using my import file, but I added it manually and it seems to be working now.