Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

File Need to save in a Folder where i picked in same file for input

Vinnu143
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone,

I have a query like i need to pick a file from sub folders and after doing calculations and the same output need to save in that particular folder where i picked 

i am unable to do that please help me it will be like dynamic folder every day 

its like : Some common Path/Month/Date folder/File.xlsx ( in this format i need to pick file and save )

For picking file and solved the issue but unable to find how to save in the same particular floder in output tab

3 REPLIES 3
KGT
11 - Bolide

Here you go. This changes slightly depending on what you're actually outputting, but the overarching method is below.

Method:

• On the input tool, select the option to "Output File Name as Field" with FullPath as the option.
  • Formula tool to work out the folder and then construct the output filepath. (Often using a mix of Left/ReverseString/Findstring, but maybe as simple as FileGetDir())
  • Output Tool with the option "Take filename from field".

Notes:

• If it's the same actual file, then look into "Block Until Done".
  • If it's an xlsx, you will need to construct the filename with the sheetname in it. C:\Folder\Folder\output.xlsx|||'Sheetname$'
Vinnu143
5 - Atom

Hi Thanks for the thing 

Common Path\Month wise folder need to create\Day wise folder need to create\Output file name.xlsx

in this scenerio what i need to do while selecting the output source there i am getting error 

KGT
11 - Bolide

So, are you saying that you pick the file up from a folder (InputPath) and need to output it to a newly created folder inside that original (e.g. InputPath\Day\file.xlsx)?

If that's the case then you will need to create the folder first. You can do this using a Run Command (see: This and this)