Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Duplicate users after Gallery and Tableau import.

kamanivk
8 - Asteroid

After I completed Tableau loader and harvesting Alteryx Gallery, I see duplicate entries of People.

I observed that each of the duplicate entries have different relationships.

Is there a way to merge the users without losing the relationships?

5 REPLIES 5
PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kamanivk 

there is no functionality for merge.

I thing that as a workaround can be to create Picker custom field and assign it to app Person.

With this you can configure it the way that picker will show the people and you can establish relation between those

objects. So there will be way how to link them (and their relations)together.
Its not optimal, but at least its connecting them together.

PetrH_0-1617277524859.png

btw back to the root, they are duplicated, because they have diff emails, or names, in both systems?

Petr

kamanivk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @PetrH 

Thank you for the update.

I will check and review the Picker custom field.

The users are duplicated because their email is different.(Due to organization structure and licensing).

Vamsi.

kamanivk
8 - Asteroid

@PetrH 

1. I created a Custom Field in Asset Configuration. The Picker query is copied from Advanced Query option when I selected Location as People and main search with First and Last Name. I got the results of both of the duplicate users.

Selected Multiple Selection option.

2. Added Custom Fields

kamanivk_0-1619499463463.png

3.  In the Assets Page I edited one of the Asset , I could see the UserMerge in Custom Field and added the duplicate user.

4. I cannot see the relationship from the duplicate user similar to the example you showed.

What additional steps I need to complete to show relationships from the duplicate users on the same view.

Please check the attachment.

Thank you.

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kamanivk

there might be slight difference if you set up merged user custom field on one account or the other. The relational field is pointing in one direction. From parent to child. In worst case you can see the at least the relation between those two users (like in your screenshot. 

So there will be slightly different view if are on user A or user B.

If you looking to the plus button allowing you to expand nexus diagram, you can try to set up the merged user on both users, from user A->B and ALSO from user B->A.

Does it help?

Petr

kamanivk
8 - Asteroid

@PetrH 

Thank you for the update and tip.

I added the custom field for the second(duplicate) user, after which I could see the + next the duplicate user when I open either of the users. It does not expand in the same window but gives a pop-up window to show the relationship of the second user which is what I am looking for. 

Thank you for your time.