Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Connect Relationships - Exasol - Workflow

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I want to identify the cause as to why I am not seeing an automatically generated link between a datasource and the workflow that is generating that datasource.

The workflow itself is writing to an Exasol table using a 'saved data connection', which setup through the gallery interface uses a connection string that looks like...

ODBC:Driver={EXASolution Driver};uid=USERNAME; pwd=PASSWORD; EXAHOST=IP:PORT; database=DBNAME; exaschema=SCHEMANAME

When the workflow is loaded to connect I get the following...

AlteryxWorkflowOutput.png

I then use the Exasol loader with the following detail, and it loads successfully (note I have amended the loader to only load specific tables, which it does, and the statement is set to look include any records where the table_name is either NULL (because there is other detail away from table and column detail loaded), or where it matches, so I don't think that should cause an issue.)

2019-01-09_16-52-47.png

And within connect it looks like...

2019-01-09_16-54-50.png

So I would like to understand reasons why the connection/relationship may not have been established between the two sources (we used saved datasource connections/workflows/connect with our SQL Server and it works fine).

Potential things we could look at to try and establish the connection, and if that doesn't work, how to establish and maintain a manual connection, which I see is breifly discussed in this post, but not with a step by step guide (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Connect-Knowledge-Base/Establishing-Relationships-Lineage-i...).

Thanks in advance.

Ben

7 REPLIES 7
OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BenMoss ,

this seems to be a problem in a way we are parsing connection string parameters from the workflow. Our engineering team is looking into that and will come back soon to you.

Ondrej

Connect Team

TomasD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BenMoss ,
we did small improve in the Alteryx loader during connection parsing for Exasol and Oracle too.
In the current loader the connection string take the variable for IP/adrress like 'EXA Server' but this is for DSN only.
Connection string with using the Driver name uses for IP/address variable "EXAHOST" which is implemented to the workflow.
The similar think is for Oracle too, where was add variable "DBQ".

AYXloader.jpg

You can try to use attached Alteryx loader.

Best regards.

Tomas

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks for taking your time to look at this @TomasD!

I will have a play with this new loader and give it a test :)

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @TomasD,

Unfortunately it appears you have a nice shiny version of 2019.1 that we are yet to get our hands on! I tried downloading every asset to 2018.4 but that led to further issues.

Would you be able to send a version that is compatible with 2018.4 :)

Ben

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BenMoss ,

the 19.1 version should be available on Wednesday. 

It should be also possible to get 19.1 version via the Beta program (beta.alteryx.com) - it's not the latest 19.1, but it is the one containing all needed tools, I believe. It should be there as part of Connect's Beta. 

Vojta

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
TomasD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BenMoss ,

please try again this version of loader changed to 18.4 version.

If you will do upgrade after release 19.1, you should use the previous file which I sended to you.

Tomas

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks @TomasD; this works a charm, can you make sure you thank any others that worked on this problem on my behalf :)

2019-02-11_16-35-42.png

Ben