Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Alteryx Loader missing ConnectTools.dll

Marco
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm trying to load our Alteryx Gallery into our Connect instance. The loader is throwing errors and not loading anything: 

errorDLL.PNG

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Cheers,

Marco 

6 REPLIES 6
DanH

Hi Marco,

This is a know issue in 2018.2. To resolve, the missing DLL must be placed into [InstallDrive]\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Plugins\  

I've placed the missing 2018.2 dll on Dropbox: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rg0hl0dsdbybhwp/AABjEg4oYWDtsiTI_CsWTklFa?dl=0

Thanks,

Dan

Marco
8 - Asteroid

Hey @DanH,

Thanks for the answer. It seems to have resolved this issue, but another one has appeared. I replicated it in a sense that I ran it twice with the same errors. Do you need more information to smash to bug? 

errorDLL_numbah_two.PNG

Cheers,

Marco

DanH

Hi @Marco,

I believe you need to start a new Alteryx Designer session to see the new dll. With the dll properly installed, in the Alteryx Loader, tool IDs 461 through 465 should all appear in the Designer canvas as green folder icon with a "C" on it, with the tool name being either "ConnectJSONBuilder" or "ConnectOutput". If you still do not see those in the workflow after starting a new Designer instance, that probably means you saved the loader workflow when the dll was missing, basically saving the broken reference. If that's the case, I would reinstall the loaders with the following steps: 1) back up the loader install directory (typically C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect\) , 2) uninstall "Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders 2018.2" via Windows Add/Remove Programs, then 3) reinstall the loaders. Now that your dll is in the right spot, you should be able to successfully run the Alteryx loader from its app interface.

Note that this missing dll issue only impacts the Alteryx Loader in v2018.2. Also note that this particular loader also requires the predictive tools to be installed.

Thanks,
Dan

Marco
8 - Asteroid

Hey @DanH,

Thanks again for the input. I went through the following steps, unfortunately I'm still getting the same message:

1- Rebooted my machine to make sure I have a new Alteryx instance.

2- Reinstalled the metadataloaders

I've got predictive tools installed and I'm running the app through the app interface. 

When opening the app in designer I do not see the tool as ConnectJSONBuilder, just as a GenericTool. I am using this version: AlteryxConnectLoaders_2018.2.4.47804 

You're saying it only impacts the loader in 2018.2, so I tried running it on a different machine which runs 2018.1 (with 2018.2 loaders, which might be iffy). ConnectJsonBuilder seems to be found now, but a new error message has appeared:

errorDLL_numbah_three.PNG

I kinda want to try this with 2018.1 loaders, but I cant seem to find a download.

Thanks again,

Marco

Scott_Mackie
5 - Atom

Sorry, realise this is 2 years after the fact.

But are you able to reshare this file?

Dropbox says the link is no longer valid.

Thx

s

James_First_Mile
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Scott_Mackie - I strongly recommend that you upgrade your Connect and Server versions to, at the very least, 2020.x or you'll be continually putting bandaids patches on old, unsupported versions.